Sunday, October 16, 2011

Evolution of a face

While still in a high chair, I would put "make-up" on my face with markers. At 28, I still love to play with colors on my face.

*Before we get into a female beauty issues discussion, I've already had part of my say here.

Getting up at 5:25 a.m. on a daily basis has severely inhibited my fun, however. I'm lucky if I get clothes on my body and hair brushed that early. I high five myself when I successfully leave my apartment with a book to read on the bus.

In celebration of the long hours we put in, last night Kath and I got gussied up and hit the town for sushi and wine. This meant make-up. Whenever I throw a bunch of make-up at my face I find the transformation amusing. I go from Persuasion to Clockwork Orange to Vanity Fair.




Oh, and I didn't take a book with me on the bus ride down to sushi (mistake). (Un)luckily for me, a man sat next to me and proceeded to play Transformers II on his iPhone.


"Just because you want to be glamorous, don't be a sheep about your eye makeup."
Loretta Young

1 comment:

  1. What a transformation! Actually - nice job. You don't look like you have too much make up on...you know?
    I just discovered a really great face powder - nothing worse than photos of yourself where your skin is SHINING.

    ReplyDelete