Thursday, January 13, 2011

New toy, or as I will call it...my baby pen

Christmas came a little late this year. Fashionably late.

I am now the proud new owner of the Olympus E-PL1 aka the Pen. It was between the Pen and the Nikon P7000, but after testing both in the store...I was in love. It's a funny thing. I like to ruminate and ruminate, but when I know...I know.

Living alone, I had to rely on Rocious to be my main subject. Which - turns out - is kind of hilarious when working a new camera because she loathes this thing some people call: sitting still.

So here is a tale of a new camera in Rocious pics...

Portrait mode. Need to work on some details, but I'm happy I can take a picture of Rocious where she doesn't look yellow. Also, please note the ears. She hasn't yet realized what she's in for...


After chasing her around the apartment, Rocious calls a truce for approximately two seconds - for which I give her kitten treats. Please note the ears. Barely tolerating me...


Then I happen upon what I will be calling Rocious Mode. Camera folks call it DIS Mode. Also, this face is called: more treats? With gravy?


Finally getting comfortable, and so is Rocious. I'm not too close and she deigns to sit still. And yes, I still have my tree and lights up...they are "winter" adornments...


"The problem with cats is they get the same exact look whether they see a moth or an ax-murderer."
Paula Poundstone

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures rock compared to my poor attempts at photography. I like especially like that last one with the lights in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jabba - I completely chalk it up to the camera. Now that I am getting used to it, I can start to take all great ones like the last one!

    P.S. Don't the lights look so twinkly?!

    ReplyDelete