Thursday, December 15, 2011

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

I didn't eat food until 7 p.m. today.

I had to reprimand students for playing a game of "let's hit each other in the junk" during class.

I paper cut my finger while grading on the bus because my skin hates winter.

I had to put pressure on the same finger for over 10 minutes before the bleeding would stop.

I traveled downtown for a free happy hour only to find out it is next Thursday.

I then traveled back up to my apartment during rush hour.

When finally home, I reopened the paper cut attempting to put my pajamas on.

That's when the crying happened. Luckily, Rocious was there to snuggle me or else the crying may have never stopped.

An hour later I realized I had put the pajamas on inside out.

I'm calling it. I forfeit today. Chalk this one up as a loss.


"I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair."
Judith Viorst

4 comments:

  1. "Let's kick each other in the junk" sounds like the worst game ever. I understand your position as a teacher but if they were 'playing' voluntarily I'd let it go and just tell them to keep the crying down.

    Free Happy Hour sounds like magic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree with chad - survival of the fittest and all that.

    I have days like that once in a while, actually a lot these days for some reason. My remedy is to come home, climb into bed with a good book and rum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "
    My remedy is to come home, climb into bed with a good book and rum.
    "

    I might be in love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jabba is taken.

    However, that doesn't stop me from bowing down to her amazingness.

    ReplyDelete