Tuesday, August 30, 2011

When reading is work

People say do what you love. And I agree, but I keep teacher-ing up my reading.

I have almost no time to read for myself and instead I am doing things like reading about teaching reading or reading with an eye out for how to teach the text or falling asleep when I could be reading.

Step off teaching, you are halting my reading flow!

I've been reading a Wallander novel for over a week: The Fifth Woman. All I know so far is that a guy has been impaled on bamboo spikes in Sweden and it has something to do with mercenaries in Africa...

In other news, I just moved and I'm in love with my new apartment. Even with the stacks of boxes it is already home. It has fancy things like a tiny porch and exposed brick and a full size refrigerator and a bedroom. It is like I am a real live adult.

And isn't it funny how crossing dream job and awesome apartment off my life-list makes me want to go on a date??


"Wear the old coat and buy the new book."
Austin Phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment