Friday, November 12, 2010

Love funeral makers

Excuse my brief-ness.

Hurt a tendon in my finger.

Apparently right hand staging a protest against the gym.

Makes typing difficult, among other things (button up pants...).

This may mean I have to live in the world, sans computer.

Silver lining: sweatpants don't have buttons.

Have to say one thing though: I LOVE CATHIE PELLETIER.

Finished Funeral Makers last night. After playing around in young ad. lit and nonfiction, it felt amazing to get back to serious fiction. Her characters are real and tragic and hilarious. I can't speak for all her books, but I can say I loved this one. LOVE.

I found that I couldn't wait to cradle my out of commission hand and read about life. Full of mess. Full of pain. Full of love.


"...will go on with its cycles of life. There will be husbands lying down in the wrong beds. Wives caught in the wrong arms at the wrong time. There will be hasty weddings. The dying will die and move aside for the living to die, and the patterns of life will continue..."
Cathie Pelletier

No comments:

Post a Comment