Tuesday, October 19, 2010

From the stacks...October edition


Nothing silly happened at the library last night. My on-hold books were on the shelf where they were supposed to be. I found a fun new YA comic to read. There was only one person in front of me to check out. It was all so normal. Ho-hum.

I picked up:

1. The Lost Years of Merlin - T. A. Barron
I'm already 100 pages in. It is somuchfun because there is foreshadowing and that just makes you feel like you are in on the secrets of Merlin. Like he gets burned in a fire and then thinks it would be awesome to grow a giant beard to cover up the scars, oh and birds could live in there too. And I'm like...just you WAIT Merlin.

2. Belinda - Maria Edgeworth
Nicola over at Vintage Reads has been reading Maria Edgeworth and do you know who that is? Oh, only an author Jane Austen super loved. That makes it a must-read on my list.

3. Emiko Superstar - Mariko Tamaki
A "fantasy for awkward girls" sounds hilarious especially since it sates my need for comics/graphic novels.


"I have made up my mind to like no Novels really, but Miss Edgeworth's, Yours & my own."
Ms. Austen to her sister

2 comments:

  1. Maria Edgeworth just SOARED to the top of my reading list. Perfect since I'm OFF modern novels and have gone running back to classics. Well, except for that I'm reading right now.....oh anyway.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW. She is somewhat difficult to come by, but I'm hoping COMPLETELY worth it.

    ReplyDelete