Sunday, June 20, 2010

Entertainment bookly

What? Books can be entertainment? But they don't provide moving pictures or pretty colors to fall asleep by.

I feel the need to celebrate whenever books are celebrated. Even better when they are books I like. Even better than that when the writer of the one of the pieces asks feminist-y questions about the books in question.

Needless to say, when I received this Entertainment Weekly (which has a pretty good book section normally by the way) I was like a kid in a bookstore...candy store.



"My test of reading a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter."
Thomas Helm, articulator of how I felt reading the end of the third book (Hornets' Nest)

5 comments:

  1. I just finished Tattoo, and although it took some effort and patience on my part to get into it, I read the 2nd half of the book in about 2 days. I loved it! On to The Girl Who Played With Fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather - I completely agree. At the beginning to Tattoo I was all who cares about financial journalism and I don't care about an old guy getting flowers...but then...the second half happens.

    The second book also has some set up, but not as much as the first. The third starts in medias res, right where the second left off but then meanders a little in the middle and then picks it up again for the end!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would think Entertainment Weekly would have a great list of books. I'll have to check it out. As well as that book....I'll just add it on to the pile. It's getting high and tippy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, glad for the encouragement. I'm about three chapters in and waiting for the whatever-is-so-great-about-it to happen. Here I go to read on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jabba - Seriously, my pile is outrageous.

    M - Stick with it, you won't be disappointed (I hope).

    ReplyDelete